In my discussions with salon owners the main complaints are generally not being able to generate more clients and about insufficient cash flow from existing ones.
Now if you carry one main brand that is also used by other salons nearby, you’re probably not doing anything that differentiates you from your competition in the eyes of the consumer. In their eyes, you have the same brand as the salon down the road, and so what you promise, the other salon can too.
So in this blog, I want to share with you what you can be doing to generate more clients and cash flow without falling into a trap of following what everyone else does.
Generating new clients doesn’t have to be hard, it can be simple, easy and fun.
I’ve listed 7 strategies you can use immediately to start generating new clients and cash flow into your salon, taking a load off you and your bank account.
- Employ a 90-day philosophy. Marketing often takes time, and if you expect quick results and don’t get them, you’ll stop, so work your marketing on a 90-day turnaround before you review and reset.Make sure you have a good combination of activities that might include social media, newsletters, email campaigns, promotions, special events or VIP days.Be different, observe what’s going on in your patch and step outside the box. If you’re not sure, talk to your supplier about what options they can provide for you.
- Reactivate old client lists. If you don’t market to clients that haven’t visited your salon for a few months, you might just be missing out on business.Clients are people too and really want and appreciate being treated like your long lost friend. A gentle reminder and incentive can work wonders at times to bring them back in and reconnect.
- Make sure you have easy, affordable upsells that make sense to the client when they are ready to rebook after their treatment. If you don’t practice rebooking and upselling, now is the time to start . You can learn all about that in the Business4Beauty Professional program.
- Investigate Joint ventures. Every salon has in their territory another business who has the same type of clients, so why not engage in a conversation whereby you can each serve each others business by promoting your services to their clients and vice versa.Once you do start reciprocating with another business though, you had better make sure you look after them or you’ll lose credibility and fail the integrity test big time that can seriously affect your reputation.
- Cross promote your services. Work out what compliments the other and combine these in new and interesting promotions to your clients. You can find out what your clients are really interested in by asking them.Do a survey to find out where they go for treatments they don’t normally book in for and use that information to get creative and make it happen.
- Find out what’s happening in your local community. Are there networking groups you can become involved with, sporting clubs you can sponsor events for with vouchers and raffle prizes for greater exposure, special events you can benefit from. Giving back to your community can re-pay you with recognition and business.
- Train your staff. this is probably the single most important way to generate new clients and make more money.Invest in your best asset by teaching them how to engage with your clients in the right way.If they know how to communicate, to motivate and convert your clients from being maybe interested to advocates, you have the most powerful marketing tool money can buy.
The Business4Beauty Professional program will teach them everything they need to know over 4 modules and it can be done in the salon or in their own time. It’s written for therapists who really want to stand out and succeed at what they do and how they do it.
This is what will generate new business and cash flow for you.
The training is powerful, results driven and it works.
If you’re ready to start generating more business and cash flow without it costing you a fortune, click here for a no obligation chat where I’ll identify how this program will benefit your business in the most profitable way.
After all, what have you got to lose?
To your salon brilliance and success!